Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Time as an Extra on the Set of Ted

It seems like every post I start out apologizing for how bad I've been with blogging lately.  Between being crazy busy at work, having strep twice, and dealing with a lot of other stuff in the past month, blogging fell way down the priority list.  I did recently have a neat movie going experience which I will start here, and have you finish reading about on my friend's site if you're so inclined.  Enjoy!

My Time as an Extra on the Set of Ted
by Dan Barbour

I won’t be walking down read carpets any time soon, but when the movie Ted hits theaters next year, I am going to proudly state that I’m in it. And I won’t be lying. As in most films, the upcoming vulgar teddy-bear movie starring Mark Wahlberg and directed by Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane needed background actors (more commonly known as ‘extras’) for a concert scene at the Hatch Shell in Boston. Extras are people who don’t have lines in a movie, but are seen doing something around the primary actors/action in a scene. Say you’re watching a movie where the lead characters are eating dinner at a restaurant, the extras here would be those dining at the other tables. It’s a simple yet important factor in creating a realistic environment in a movie.    Continue reading by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment