Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's That Time of Year

So this is the time of year where critics, film groups, and individuals start listing their top ten films of the year, as well as naming their winners for best EVERYTHING. Since these folks get to see advance screenings of every movie out there, I cannot give a final call on 2010 films until I see everything myself (some 2010 films aren't released until as late as February of 2011 - they start out in LA and NY, and just roll out.) That being said, below would be my choices as of right now - list subject to change as needed.

Best Picture: Toy Story 3
Best Director: Danny Boyle, 127 Hours
Best Actor: James Franco, 127 Hours
Best Actress: Noomi Rapace, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Best Supporting Actor: James Frencheville, Animal Kingdom
Best Supporting Actress: Jackie Weaver, Animal Kingdom
Best Animated Feature: Toy Story 3
Best Documentary: Exit Through the Gift Shop
Best Original Screenplay: Christopher Nolan, Inception
Best Adapted Screenplay: Michael Bacall & Edgar Wright, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

So that's where I'm at so far. Most of the buzzed about supporting actor roles I have yet to see, but I must say - Jackie Weaver and Noomi Rapace in the actress categories will be hard to top. They created two of the most memorable on-screen characters this year. What are your picks so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment