Sunday, April 24, 2011

More Mini-Reviews

I can't believe it's been about a year since I started this blog!  The last couple of months have not been great post-wise, but I've been crazy busy (some work, some fun, all busy), and this doesn't take top priority.  I still love blogging though.  Here are a few more mini reviews and soon, the full reviews will be back.


Your Highness - A terrible waste of talent in a terrible film.  I hated this more than most this year.  2 out of 10.

Soul Surfer - Probably the best film of faith ever made, unfortunately that's not saying much.  This true story about a girl who loses her arm to a shark (in a hilariously campy scene) is both moving and silly.  6 out of 10.

Water for Elephants - If Big Fish were stripped of all it's magic, it would be WFE, a harmless yet pretty boring movie that's well acted and shot.  I didn't hate it, but I won't watch it again.  5 out of 10.

Madea's Big Happy Family -  Going to a Tyler Perry film is a cultural experience.  I don't want to sound racist, but these films aren't exactly made for white guys in their twenties.  That being said, while the film was overacted and silly (both in good ways and bad), I found myself laughing through the entire film.  It dragged a bit (no pun intended) but it will still please Madea fans.  6 out of 10.

All right, full reviews will come with the next movie I see!  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment