Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Movie Review: THE ROOMMATE

Minka Kelly at 2007 NBC Upfrontsphoto © 2007 muuuusic | more info (via: Wylio)
There is nothing much really to say about "The Roommate" other than this girl-obsessed-with-girl flick is one of the most dull renditions of an already tired premise.  There are no A-list stars, no thrilling moments, and a poor, adorable kitten doesn't make it past her first birthday.    That being said, the CW quality film was oddly watchable, if nothing more than to see the two very attractive leads "act" - chalk it up to the whole gotta watch a wreck theory.  Despite warnings from critics and a friend (hi Tara!), I still decided to check it out as it didn't cost me anything.  I was wrong there though - it cost me my time.  It wasn't as bad as this year's The Green Hornet, but it came frighteningly close.  Avoid it.  I would give it a 3 out of 10.

Parental Take:  For a PG-13, it pushes it's limits with violence and sexual content.

If You Like The Roommate Try:  Well, if you liked this, you'll think Beyonce's Obsessed is the best picture of all time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh lord, The Roommate was TERRIBLE. It was so boring...barely anything even happened!

    But I actually kind of liked The Green Hornet. More as a comedy than an action film though. It wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it did make me laugh more than most movies these days.

    But then again, we can always bring it around to the fact that I like (and own) Waterworld. I apparently just like terrible movies.

    ReplyDelete