Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Big Day

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted a non-review entry, and today is the best day for just that. So I never go and see a movie simply to review it for this blog. I don't have nearly enough money. Well, things are going to change. Now, I didn't win the lottery or come into money, but what I did do was become the winning bidder for a special prize at a local charity silent auction. The winner (me) received a season pass to National Amusements, a popular movie chain near where I live. This means that I (along with one guest!) can go to see unlimited movies from October 1st of this year, through December 31st of 2011. Thirteen months of movies that I don't have to pay for, aside from the cost of my winning bid! Now this will save me money as for example this year I've already seen 67 movies since the last Academy Awards in February (movie years are funky like that), so if we are extremely conservative and say a movie ticket costs an average of $8, that means in eight months I've already spent around $536 - and that's just for me! This pass allows me to bring a guest. So this pass that I won is fifteen months of me and a guest going to see movies galore, and boy am I going to use it. I will see almost anything for free. For instance, I like to see every movie that gets nominated for both the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. But every year to accomplish this I end up paying to sit through things I just don't enjoy, even if I do appreciate the artistic merits. Now I know I don't HAVE to see these movies, but I like to be well rounded in my viewing for when I make my predictions. Now with this pass, it won't matter. Also, now I can repeat view movies again and again. I loved Inception but didn't want to pay to see it again just because I wanted to use my money elsewhere.

So with that, starting this October, my movie blog is going to have a ton more reviews. Hopefully you stop by even more, and share your thoughts. Peace!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Dan! I'll definitely be following your blog! Have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 27th Birthday Dan! Yes, I've been a loyal blog follower of yours for over a year now. Good luck on all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that is seriously awesome and I am more than a little jealous :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete