Wednesday, September 15, 2010

DVD Review: Killers

LONDON, ENGLAND - JUNE 09: Katherine Heigl (L) and Robert Luketic attends the European Film Premiere of 'Killers' at the Odeon West End on June 9, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Ian Gavan/Getty Images)

Two of the most likable stars, in my humble opinion, teamed up to make Killers - a movie that didn't do well with critics or make a whole lot of money. I skipped it in theaters, but caught it on DVD, and here is my review.

Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl play a couple that meet on vacation, fall in love, and start a life together. The only catch - he's a spy. While he attempts to leave this life behind, it eventually follows him and creates havoc on the homefront. That's basically the plot plain and simple. If it sounds like Mr. and Mrs. Smith, you're right - but it's nowhere near as good.

As I said, I really like the two leads. This movie just didn't do it for me. I'm not sorry I passed on it in theaters as there are so few laughs, and the action scenes are completely without an ounce of originality. There are a couple of nice moments, and exactly two laughs - so I guess if you have some time to kill (no pun intended), it's not the worst rental. But it's certainly not a good movie. It's really too bad as the potential was great. I would give this movie a 3.5 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment