Friday, September 3, 2010

Movie Review: GOING THE DISTANCE

There was a moment when I was watching Going the Distance that I literally thought to myself "I do not know if I like this movie." Every time I started to lose interest, there would be a really nice or funny moment. It just kept doing that, over and over again. The movie tried my patience, but ultimately I think the best thing I can say about it was that it was okay.

Drew Barrymore and Justin Long, a real life couple, star as Garrett and Erin, a couple that is perfect for each other...but live on two different sides of the country. Through many (and I mean many) different exploits, they try out the living long distance thing and learn that it's easier said than done.

The biggest laughs mostly come from the strong supporting cast led by Charlie Day and Christina Applegate. Most of the time though this "comedy" is far more dull than it needed to be with the talent it had at its disposal. The movie seemed to want to be this year's 500 Days of Summer, but instead fell short of that great movie. I wanted to like this movie a lot more than I did, but I didn't hate it either. This to me is the PERFECT rental movie, and it gets a score of 6 out of 10. It's friendly, but forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment