Monday, October 4, 2010

Movie Review: DEVIL

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA - SEPTEMBER 15: Actress Jenny O'Hara attends the Universal Pictures' film premiere 'Devil' at The London West Hollywood on September 15, 2010 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)

The trailer for Devil was very good....until the title of the movie appeared. Devil. Ugh. How was I supposed to justify seeing a movie that is so blatantly touting the one thing I hate. Yeah, I am not going to get preachy on you, but personally I did not enjoy ordering up a ticket for Devil. Now on the flip side of things, I can honestly say this little Twilight-zoney thriller was simple, effective, and most surprisingly - pro-God.

Without spoiling anything, I will remain vague on specific plot details. Basically, a bunch of people from all walks of life get on an elevator. None of them know each other (or do they?), and they are only on together out of sheer coincidence (or are they?). When the elevator comes to a screeching halt, the panic sets in. This panic is fueled by sudden injuries that happen when the lights flicker out. Guards watching from a surveillance room struggle to help, but things seem to be out of their control.

While this isn't the best movie ever made, it was very entertaining. For a mere 80-minute run time, it didn't waste my time at all. I was totally into the story, the twist, and the message this movie sends. I would suggest trying it out, but read as little about it as possible. I would give Devil a not-so-hellish 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment