Sunday, August 8, 2010

DVD Round-Up for August 10th

This coming Tuesday, a bunch of movies will hit rental shelves (or Redbox machines) and three of these films are worth checking out. I wanted to give you the round-up of these movies so you'll have something to go on when you're looking for a good rental.

Date Night (PG-13) - Tina Fey and Steve Carrell team up to tackle a so-so script in exceptional fashion. I talked recently about how important a screenwriter is and how actors alone cannot save a movie - well, this is one movie that walks the line very closely, but does provide enough awkwardness and hilarity to make it worth watching. If you missed it in theaters, you should check it out. I'd give this movie a 7 out of 10.

Death at a Funeral (R) - This is the funniest comedy to be released so far this year. I was crying. Literally crying from how hard I was laughing. I cannot wait for it to come out so I can see it again and catch parts that I missed from laughing so hard. It's the story of a quirky family coming together at a funeral, and it's ridiculously funny. The cast is great and the pacing is perfect. 8.5 out of 10.

The Joneses (R) - This is an okay movie with a brilliant concept. It's the perfect example of a movie to watch on DVD, as it has it's flaws, but it's unlike almost anything else out there. Demi Moore and David Duchovny are the father and mother of a very trend-setting family that has a boat-load of secrets. I would suggest not reading anything else about the movie before seeing it as the pay-off will be much greater. I would give this movie a 7 out of 10.

All right, that's the round-up. Happy movie watching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment