Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Movie Review: CATS & DOGS: THE REVENGE OF KITTY GALORE

I am not going to spend more than this line defending why I went to see this movie. Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore is a star-studded sequel to the 2001 film Cats and Dogs. The two movies really have no connection however, and this doesn't matter. The only reason you go to a movie like this is to laugh at animated animals causing hi-jinx. And that is exactly what happens here.

Viewers learn of a plot to destroy mankind through the downfall of dogs. Good cats and good dogs fight evil cats and it's all kind of silly, but it's a movie about animated animals after all. There are a few really funny moments, a few really cute moments (puppies, kittens, etc.) and a whole lot more dull ones. I am not mad that this movie is stupid - but I am more frustrated that you could tell that not a single person in the movie had to work more than a day. My guess is many of the A-list stars literally phoned in their voice roles. It seemed to be really low-budget but I hear it wasn't.

I don't have a whole lot more to say about this, but basically if you see the trailer and find it annoying or boring, you won't like the movie. I would give it a 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment