Sunday, July 18, 2010

DVD Review: The Bounty Hunter

When a bounty hunter is given the assignment of bringing in his ex-wife, hilarity ensues. Or at least that's what is supposed to happen in The Bounty Hunter, the latest in Gerard Butler's line of terrible movies.

Why Jennifer Aniston signed on for this nasty little movie is beyond me. The story is so predictable, so boring, and so slow that it makes this year's earlier movie Cop Out seem like a masterpiece. There are a couple of laughs - but more desperate ones than deserved. Everyone seems so disconnected from each other you'd think none of the cast ever met each other, but instead filmed their roles in front of a green screen. This is seriously one of the longest 110 minutes you'll sit through.

Maybe I'm bitter because I am watching this on the same weekend I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Inception, and The Kids Are All Right. To think that you pay the same amount to see these very different movies when you go to a theater is ridiculous. Movie ticket prices should be based on quality, but that's off topic. I avoided this until it's DVD release, and I should have just avoided it all together. I would highly suggest you pass on The Bounty Hunter, even if you get it for free from your local library, like I did. Jennifer Aniston has been so good before, with her best role being her part in Friends with Money. Oh how she's fallen. I would give BH a probably overly generous 2.5 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I won't see it... Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete