Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lindsay Lohan

I used to love to tell people that I was related to Lindsay Lohan. Now, it's more of a party fact because it's a REALLY distant connection and far less flattering. Growing up, it was fun to see her in stuff and know that there was that connection to a "real life movie star." From The Parent Trap to Mean Girls, she did some really good movies. And for the record, note I said DISTANT connection - she just so happens to be my step grandfather's niece's daughter. I have never met her, and can safely say that unless she is a closet I Survived a Japanese Game Show fan, she has no idea who I am.

Normally I wouldn't blog about tabloid fodder like her, but I wanted to share my two cents as I am getting frustrated with both friends and the media in their treatment of the actress. First of all, I am not going to say she doesn't deserve the jail time she is serving. She does - she broke the law, and nobody should get the celebrity treatment. I watch Jay Leno almost every night (or morning, thank you DVR!) and just about every monologue of late pokes fun at her time in prison. Last night I was shocked and impressed that Leno's guest, Bill O'Reilly (yes, the shock Fox News Host who I normally cannot stand) shared my opinion that Lohan is a talent who needs help, not to become the laughing stock she has been made to be. Lindsay's parents all-but-forced her into the crazy Hollywood industry at a young age, and continued to exploit her one incident after another. Lindsay is the byproduct of that type of upbringing. Many people turn to alcohol when they are depressed - she just happens to have paparazzi following her around to chronicle her problems. Imagine if every one of your vices became front page news. She needs help - she needs to get away from her parents, take some time off, and get her crap together. She is talented, but more than that, she is a person in need. Pray for her. That's all I've got to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment