Thursday, January 20, 2011

Anti-’Social’ - Why I ‘Like’ The Social Network, But Don’t Love It

Andrew Garfield - TIFF 09'photo © 2009 Courtney | more info (via: Wylio)
The Social Network” is a very good movie.  In my mind though, awards and high praise should be reserved for great movies.  I had the same feeling last year with “The Hurt Locker.”  In each of these films, there were a few scenes or portrayals that missed the mark completely but everyone just seemed to overlook them.  Watching movies is an emotional experience, and I have loved my fair share of movies with holes in them, but to act like a movie “defines a generation” or is “the film of the year” like so many critics have said of TSN seems a bit over the top, in my humble opinion.  

Here are the primary obstacles I have with this movie, and you are more than welcome to attempt to convince me otherwise....

To Read the Rest of This Post, Click Here (It's my friend's movie blog, and he posted the entire entry there so I thought it would be nice to cross post....it's just an extra click!)

No comments:

Post a Comment