Sunday, January 2, 2011

Movie Review: THE LITTLE FOCKERS

BARBRA STREISANDphoto © 2010 Jonathan Tommy | more info (via: Wylio)The Little Fockers is one of the year's worst movies. It's a painful exercise in what not to do when making a comedy. With a talented cast only being able to produce a handful of laughs, this is one film that doesn't take much to review - it's bad - very bad. It makes one wonder if DeNiro, Hoffman, and Streisand even have agents anymore. I can understand Stiller, Wilson, and a bunch of lesser knowns making a bad comedy - they still need the exposure - but when the veteran's want to let loose and have fun, I'm sure there is some better way to do it.

While the film is titled The Little Fockers, the progression from the also dreadful Meet the Fockers is basically "let's add two kids to the cast, have them say a few silly things, and make the same movie we did with MTF." I must add that I am a huge fan of the original, which many people thought was overrated. I still like to think of that movie as having no sequels - it stands alone well, and didn't need them. Money is the root of all evil, and this is a prime example.

That's all I'm going to say about this movie - I feel like I have wasted too many words already. I'd give it a 2 out of 10 - which is probably 2 too many.

Family Take: Kids will probably like the humor best, but there are too many sexually related themes to make it permissible. Teens and the grossly immature may find more here than I did to enjoy.

If You Like The Little Fockers, Try: Watching AFI's 100 Best Movies, as you need to develop some skill in determining what a good movie is.

1 comment:

  1. little fockers is most enjoyable because once again, Hollywood shows how much it has run out of fresh ideas.

    ReplyDelete