Sunday, June 27, 2010

DVD Review: P2

Every now and then there is a movie that comes along that I want to see, but just never get around to. Working in a library is a great place to see different things come back and forth, and when I noticed the movie P2 the other day, I couldn't believe I have never gotten around to seeing it. Released in 2007, I just finally watched what could just be the oddest little Christmas movie ever.

Angela is a busy woman who is doing the best she can to try and care about things other than her job. Tom is a lonely parking garage security guard who spends most of his time observing the workers in his building on security cameras. Christmas Eve falls on New York City, and Angela leaves her office, gifts in hand, to meet up with her family. Tom has other plans. The two begin a surprisingly graphic game of cat-and-mouse all set against the backdrop of a NYC skyscraper's underground parking garage.

This movie is very cheesy and throws just about every single horror movie cliche in the book right into our faces. I was disappointed at how graphic the movie turned - I don't mind violence when it forwards a story, but this movie defined gratuity. The acting was fair, but the plot was so simple and so paper thin, even the 100 minute running time seemed to wear out it's welcome. This movie wanted to do for parking garages what Jaws did for swimming - but failed. I guess I didn't need to catch up with this movie after all, but at least it didn't cost me anything - and I can thank libraries for that! 3.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment