Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May 1st!

It starts today! If you're just finding this blog now, read the very first post in this blog to learn about this project. Today I will be watching "The Elephant Man" - a film directed by one of the most messed up, creative, and unique directors out there - David Lynch.

Why do I want to see this movie? I chose this movie for today because another one of Lynch's movies, "Mulholland Drive", is one of my favorite movies of all time. I want to see what the director was like years before he created the movie I already love. Also, "The Elephant Man" was nominated for eight Academy Awards, so it sounds like it should be good. In addition to those reasons, it's based on a true story and Anthony Hopkins is in it - always a plus. I will post my review on this blog later - and I hope you post your 1980 selection reviews here too!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment