Monday, May 31, 2010

It Started With An Elephant...

So it's been 31 days since this project began. It was a journey to say the least - and it lived up to my expectations. Some days it felt like a chore, and others it was a thrill. I broke the project down according to my movie calendar - here are the results:

Movies Watched in the Month of May: 31 (Plus 10 other non-project related movies)
Number of Minutes Spent Watching the 31 M.M.O.M. Films: 3,778
Average Movie Length: 122 Minutes
Highest Rated Movie (1-10 Scale, 10 being the best): 9.5 (The Silence of the Lambs)
Lowest Rated Movie: 3 (Yi Yi)

Here are the "My Month Of Movies" Awards:

Best Picture: The Silence of the Lambs (Runner Up: L.A. Confidential)

Best Director: Kevin Costner, Dances with Wolves (Runner Up: Steven Soderbergh, Bubble)

Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins, The Silence of the Lambs (Runner Up: Al Pacino, Scarface)

Best Actress: Frances McDormand, Fargo (Runner Up: Jodie Foster, The Silence of the Lambs)

Best Supporting Actor: Gene Hackman, Unforgiven (Runner Up: Guy Pearce, L.A. Confidential)

Best Supporting Actress: Patricia Clarkson, The Station Agent (Runner Up: Kim Basinger L.A. Confidential)

Best Screenplay: Magnolia by Paul Thomas Anderson (Runner Up: The Silence of the Lambs by Ted Tally)


And here are the disses:

Movie That Made Me Mad: Me, You, And Everyone We Know
Movie That Bored the Living Heck Out of Me: YiYi
Movie That I Was Most Let Down By: The Messenger
Movie That Contained the Worst "Acting": Me, You, And Everyone We Know

So that about does it. May 2010 is about to end, and with it so does M.M.O.M. I've seen some movies that I have absolutely loved...and others that I have hated. It's been fun. I'm going to keep this blog going as a movie review place - and who knows, down the road, maybe there will be another month that looks like it needs some excitement. For right now though, I don't know. Eh, I guess I'll go watch a movie. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment