Thursday, May 27, 2010

DAY TWENTY-SIX - MAY 26 - 2005 - ME AND YOU AND EVERYONE WE KNOW


Have you ever been with a group of people and there is that one person who uses big words and tells stories about countries you don't give a bleep about and they use more than ten words to order their coffee and they talk about being affiliated with some up and coming political party? Well, if movies were people, "Me and You and Everyone We Know" would be that obnoxious son of a bleep.

First, this movie tries to be more important than it is - like "Rent" but without the rousing musical numbers. It's the most pretentious thing I've seen since "I Heart Huckabees", another movie that I wasn't worthy of watching. The kids are downright disgusting, and if that is supposed to prove some point about tainted adolescence, you could have stopped it after the first ten minutes and point would have been noted. The female lead, Christine, was like a walking/talking cardboard cutout who couldn't convince me to answer census questions let alone sell the part she is supposed to be playing. I looked her up on IMDB and found she also wrote and directed this dreadful little movie. She should find a new profession.

So in short, I think I pretty much hated this movie. I've compared it to a bunch of things already, but my last comparison is that it's "Ghost World" without the heart. I need to shower. I would give this a 3.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment