Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy May 3rd!

So my selection for today is "Blade Runner" - which is one of those movies specifically that people have said to me "I cannot believe you haven't seen it!" - which is part of the point of this whole process. There is a side of sci-fi movies I love, and another side I run from. I am not into all the nasally geekdom of analyzing elements of a space movie to apply them to reality, but I do like an out there story now and then - so I am hoping. I really expected to love most of the movies on my list, by having not even cracked seven out of ten for the first two days has me worried. One thing I am doing AFTER I see the movies is seeing how my assessment of the films I watch compares to my favorite critic of all time - Mr. Roger Ebert. On day one, I gave "The Elephant Man" 6.5 out of 10 - Ebert gave it 2 out of 4 (stars). Yesterday, I rated "The Cannonball Run" a far less than impressive 4 out of 10 - whereas Ebert went one step further and awarded it half, yes .5 out of 4. It really wasn't good! All right, I work today, so my review of "Blade Runner" won't be posted until later this evening. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment